7.30.2007

Go to Extremes


In the famous words of Billy Joel...
And if I stand or I fall
It's all or nothing at all
Darling I don't know why I go to extremes
Too high or too low there ain't no in-betweens


It seems like we [United States, particularly Southern California] are all about going to extremes in everything we do. For example, we have a huge issue with obese people (and babies), but we have rail-thin-sick-like people in the media. We love it when change happens, but push-back when it's change that affects us in a negative way. We have people who are jobless and homeless, yet we have people who are workaholics. When we buy the "latest and greatest," it needs to be the "latest and greatest," not just the "older and mediocre" version.
It seems as though there are fewer "middle of the road" people living amongst us. Now, I could be wrong, but it seems like the people in my life all go to extremes - I know I do. If I love something, I do everything I can to hold onto it. If I hate something, I go to all lengths to avoid it.
Although some extremes could be good, it may be unhealthy for us and those around us.

Sometimes I'm tired, sometimes I'm shot
Sometimes I don't know how much more I've got
Maybe I'm headed over the hill
Maybe I've set myself up for the kill
Tell me how much do you think you can take

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

angerson:
is this your extreme way of telling me to start loving animals in a mediocre way?
amersons

www.iwillnotloveanimalsidonotcarehowmuchyoublogaboutit.com