5.22.2008

Steven Curtis Chapman Daughter Killed

I cannot imagine how the brother must be feeling...what a horrible thing to happen to a family...


"The 5-year-old daughter of contemporary Christian singer-songwriter Steven Curtis Chapman died after being struck by an SUV in the driveway of the family's Nashville-area home late Wednesday afternoon (May 21). Maria Sue Chapman was playing in the area with several other children. Her teenaged brother did not see her in the driveway when he struck her with the Toyota Land Cruiser he was driving. A spokesman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol termed it "a terrible accident" and said no charges are expected to be filed. The child was the youngest in the family and one of three daughters adopted by Chapman and wife Mary Beth. The entire family was home at the time of the accident."
See another story about it here.

1 comment:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I read about this last night before going to bed and then I laid there for the next couple of hours with heart ache like no other and tears running down my cheeks.

Today my heart still aches and I know it's not even a fraction of what the Chapman family must be feeling.