5.29.2010

Home (almost) Sweet Home

I moved to Seattle Jan 12. (You can read about the journey here and here).

However, since I've moved here I've been everywhere BUT here. In the past 6 weeks I've been to MA, VT, MD, NC, CA, TX, then back to NC. I haven't felt "home" for so long, and I'm the type of person who needs a homebase, someplace to come back that's familiar and that's mine.

I've been home for almost 2 weeks and finishing up what our apartment (should) look like. My roommate is hanging out in Greece, so I thought I'd finish up some stuff while she's gone. New couch, hung a few mirrors, got internet, put up curtains, and unpacked a couple more boxes. It's actually starting to feel like home, which is an amazing feeling.

In addition to that, I now know what it feels like to use power tools on my own w/o anyone to ask help from, utilize iPhone apps like this one for house stuff, and how to ask Home Depot to fix something that just didn't go as planned.

Just a few things to go to finish up!

No comments: