10.10.2010

The question is always:

What's next? What will be the next big thing in my life? Where will I travel to? What's my next goal? What's my next project?

I always seem to be asking these questions. I'm always working on really cool projects, trips, working towards goals I accomplish -- but immediately following completion I seek out what's next. But I'm constantly pulling myself back in and reminding myself to be patient and just let God do His thing.

God's timing is perfect, and when it's time for the "next big thing" to happen it'll just happen. God doesn't need reminders. God doesn't need me to "activate" anything through questioning or begging -- He just needs me to be obedient.

I'm the first to tell you that I'm not perfect, very far from it. I make mistakes on an hourly basis. Patience has always been a big struggle for me, it seems as though it's a struggle that a lot of us deal with (hence why God mentioned it so many times in the Bible.) A lot of sin derives from being impatient, but I believe the root cause is pride. It's the pride that lives in our hearts that provokes our selfish desire to put our personal timeline on what "should" happen in our life.

A few weeks ago I was having lunch with my good friend, Ryanne, and she wisely stated, "entitlement is the new pride." I couldn't agree more. It seems as though entitlement is an unsaid trendy characteristic that a lot of people from our generation are developing. It's within this sense of entitlement that breeds impatience.

Impatience is linked to pride, and our sense of entitlement gets in the way which shows our immaturity and lack of faith. Let's be honest, God has it under control and He doesn't need our help. He just needs us to shove aside our control issues and insecurities and dive into His plan for our lives.

Easier said than done, I know. But if diving in will squash my impatience, then I'm in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wisely said. Patience, grasshopper.