1.27.2008

Callin' Baton Rouge

SUCH a great concert! No opening band, just Garth and his band for 2 1/2 hours. All the good ones, some new ones, and some with his wife Trisha Yearwood. He's one of my favorite performers, and the only performer I'm aware of that doesn't have any of his music on itunes, barely has a cell phone, and can command an audience of 20,000+ with just him and a guitar. At one point during his show he brought up a Staples food services employee, Alva. She sat through a song on stage, then he gave her his hat. SO sweet...probably the highlight of her life! I wonder how much that hat would go on ebay for.....
Anyways -- great concert, the $10 mil proceeds went to the firefighters of the wildfires in CA.


6 comments:

Allison said...

I hate country music, but I would love to see Garth!

Embracing my perfectly imperfect life said...

this reminds me of singing country songs in Kims car! Hmmmmm.

sunshine said...

yeah im not too big on country...but there are quite a few songs that pretty much everyone has to love.

im likin the last picture.
crazy face...beverage in hand.

nice one ange :]]

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I am SO DANG jealous!

Butch Jamie said...

You look like Allen in that last picture!

Luke St.Hilaire said...

jeez 2 1/2 hours? as soon as he was done with that thunder rolls song, i'd be fighting for the exit

...and the thunder rolls..
...and the lightening strikes!